Thread: Bye bye Inky :(
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 12:27 PM   #108 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
No offense, but if you trust no one, then you'll never experience true friendship. Not in the "hey let's hang out" sense, but in the sense of having someone to rely on, even when the rest of the world thinks you're sh*t.

I've got a few friends like this, and I wouldn't trade them for the world. I'd also never betray their trust intentionally.

It's incredible to have people who will be there for you like that, and if you open yourself up to no one, you will never have that, or at least you'll take it for granted.

True, you're less likely to be hurt or betrayed if you keep everyone at a distance. But I wouldn't want to go through life like that. It's your philosophy, and if it suits you, then I'm happy for you. But it won't suit everyone. I wouldn't want to live my life like that. Not saying my way is better, just different.
I mean fully trust. I trust people to different degrees.

I have some very good, very close friends, for example, but I wouldn't trust ANY of them to drive my car. However, I have no problem handing them a firearm at the range. I know you may think that is backwards, but I trust that they are not prone to shooting me as much as they are prone to giving the car a little gas in a corner when noone is around if I let them borrow it. They are all good people, but sometimes temptation and all that...