View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 07:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvfreakazoid View Post
WOW for a minute i thought that leasing was horrible, especially what people were saying.
The main reason i wanted to lease it is because i don't plan on having the 370z for that long. Plus i really couldn't afford to do any mods anyways if i were to buy the car.
I talked with a nissan dealership and i know i would have to lease it for 36 months and drive it only 10k miles per yr. I probably would need to drop 6k upfront to keep the monthly payments lower. I didnt say i was going to drop 6k but i'm guessing it would keep my payments lower. I also asked what the price was for a 24 month lease and he said my payments would be more. He wasn't very forward with me cause he probably wanted me to lease it right then and there which i wasn't going to.
I also wanted to use this car to advertise my dads restaurant so that he could right it off and then in turn he could he me out with my monthly payments. But i will need to talk to him about first.

I also spoke with my aaa insurance and got a quote for 250, 500 and 1k deductible price quotes. It seems 500 will cost me about 1100 per yr (as a secondary car).
I also got a quote on mustang gt and sti. I noticed that the insurance rate was a higher for some odd reason. Maybe cause of mustangs has more power and the sti turbos causes the insurance rate to be higher i'm guessing.

i'm still debating on what i want to lease or not. But that guy was kind of a douche and wouldn't give me a clear answer. I guess i will need to try another dealership.
Anyways thanks' for your answers.
one thing you definitely don't want to do with a lease is put a lot of money down. If you put 6k down and total the car 6 months later, your 6k is gone.

Leasing has some great advantages if you take decent care of your cars, and get new ones regularly like me. The lessor takes all of the risk of depreciation. If the car is worth less at the end, you walk away, if its worth more, you buy it and resell or just trade it in.