View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 11:32 PM   #34 (permalink)
aadam_d
Base Member

Drives: forklift
aadam_d is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpathfinder View Post
Navi won't add any resale value to your car...not worthwhile in the long run. That package is cool though it is overpriced. You could go with an aftermarket back up camera system and something like a Garmin for nav, if you can't afford the $6000 up front.

My original intention was to buy a Z without nav, but my 40th came fully loaded (in Canada). I have to admit, the iPod integration and other goodies that come with the Nav package are cool little add ons. Pre-2011 don't come with back up cam, so I bought and installed the group buy cam recently.

So, it's a judgement call depending on whether or not you want to spend an additional $6000. You can definitely add those functions in aftermarket later on, some of which will look and function like OEM, and others not as much. And, it can cost you less than $6000 to do.
Thanks buddy! I think i will pass on the nav/sport. Save myself like 120 a month (more gas money ) I'm just waiting on my insurance company and hopefully I sign this weekend and will join the fams of Z owners!
aadam_d is offline   Reply With Quote