View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Juleous
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370z
Juleous will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israeli_Z View Post
I'm slowly ordering parts to complete my audio install. So far I have Polk DB6501's in the front, Polk Tweeters and Polk DB351's in the rear. I'm waiting on my Alpine INA-W900BT head unit and a JL XD-ACS60 wiring kit. This is the first time I'm doing a sound system and am not sure on what works and what doesn't, I hear that amping your speakers results in a better sound. I want to know what amp I can use for the front and rear speakers (not sure if you amp tweeters)? I haven't put in the crossovers yet because I haven't put in the head unit yet, I also plan to put in a JL 13TW5 and want to know what amp to use for that? I prefer to use a JL amp to match the sub but as for the speakers I wouldn't mind using JL (for a clean look) but if you can recommend something better that would be good too. I feel like I'm walking in the dark, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
First off the Polk DB6501's are a component set that have a tweeter and woofer combined so your good there, you want to power these with an amp for best results. Run the speaker to max RMS watts with nice clean power.

The Polk DB351's also have tweeters built into the speaker, hence the coaxial part. These can be run off the amp built into the Alpine headunit, low power for small speakers. Keep the rears seperate from the fronts so you can tune them easily.

Drop the extra tweeters dont need them!

Odviously you need an amp to power the sub max that thing out, again with a nice clean powered amp.

Look at a nice 3 or 5 channel amp to do the job with one amp unit, or you can get two seperate amps. One two channel for the fronts and one subwoofer amp, the deck can handle the rears no problem.

Quick choice Alpine PDX 5

Done deal, remember to remove your battery ground FIRST.

Last edited by Juleous; 03-02-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Juleous is offline   Reply With Quote