Thread: Washer Mod
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 07:16 PM   #63 (permalink)
Gunzero
Track Member

Drives: Nissan 370z
Gunzero has a reputation beyond reputeGunzero has a reputation beyond reputeGunzero has a reputation beyond reputeGunzero has a reputation beyond reputeGunzero has a reputation beyond reputeGunzero has a reputation beyond reputeGunzero has a reputation beyond reputeGunzero has a reputation beyond reputeGunzero has a reputation beyond reputeGunzero has a reputation beyond reputeGunzero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TongMan View Post
Thanks. Pick either side. Blacked out or Subaru style. But on topic, why exhaust leak is dangerous and I think it's stupid to do it just to sound better:

Can an exhaust leak affect a car's performance?

"No, but it can kill the occupants of the car.

There is a good reason why tailpipes terminate past the rear bumper. Exhaust fumes can be sucked into the car by the partial vacuum created by the vehicle passing through the airstream. No car is completely sealed from the outside and that is why the trunk on a car has a double sealed rubber weatherstrip."
I think you should talk to the muscle car guys here in my town, not me. They run open headers or long tube headers that dumps right under the drivers seat.
A little thing called atmospheric diffusion is keeping me alive.
Anyways, what's more dangerous. Washer mod or removing your catalytic converters? What if you get rid of your cats and you sit in traffic and the wind carries the exhaust fumes into your car? I'd rather be stuck with the washer mod.