Thread: Bye bye Inky :(
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 08:36 AM   #74 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaZ View Post
I cannot afford the house on my own or the expensive car note...and living here in NJ..the laws are screwed up so if a short term marriage is terminated, there's no guarantee that the woman will get everything.. UNLESS she can pay for it all herself ( which I cannot)

And I just bought the car in October 2010..I doubt refinancing will make that big of a difference, if at all

AK...I won't be able to private sell unless I get rid of the negative equity first (Plan B)

So basically, it's your name on the dotted line, duel income covered it, he and you are done, responsibility reverts to the person who put their name on the dotted line, duel income is gone, you're up a creek.
Is this the summary?

That makes more sense and sucks. Sorry about your situation.

Talk to your bank/lender about missing a payment without penalty due to major life change. They might help you out with 1 payment. That will give you room to think.