View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 06:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
snake1212
Base Member

Drives: 12 370Z GM M6
snake1212 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by I want a Z View Post
If you like to change cars every 3-4 years, then leasing is the way to go.
If you are going to buy and only keep it a few years, you would be way better off leasing
I just want to set a few things straight in terms a leasing. You do NOT need special deductables for insurance on a lease. I don't thing any insurance company lets you go over $1,000 deductable anyways so it doesn't matter. You do NOT need to return the car with all factory parts on the car. If you paint the car pink with purple stripes then yes they will charge you. Adding an exhaust or spoiler does not deduct from the car's value so Nissan or any other leasing company does not care. People have been saying things about damage. If you bought the car and had damage on it you would probably get it fixed just as you would on a lease. When over half the people that finance a car should have some sort of gap insurance then you know more people should be leasing.

With that said the Z's lease isn't factory subvented. It's not like leasing a Maxima with a .000XX money factory. The 2011 residules are good and so are the deals. If you are planning on keeping the car for 3 years and aren't planning on dropping money on a super charger or full body kit then don't be afraid to lease.

Here are a few things to know about why leasing isn't this horrible thing. The average American finances for 71 months, that same American trades out of their financed vehicle ever 33 moths. They leased and didn't even realize it. The most common excuse why someone doesn't want to lease is because they don't own the car. Unless you have the title in your hand you don't own it anyways. Their are an extraordinary amount of people in this country that have negative equity on a car that use this excuse. They just don't realize if they just leased to begin with they would have paid less per month and wouldn't be rolling in money from one loan to the next. They would of handed the keys over and walked away.

Don't be afraid to lease and don't let people scare you. As long as you have some idea how many miles you are going to be driving the rest is easy. Sorry about the long reply, I just always find these comments on questions about leasing interesting.

Last edited by snake1212; 03-02-2011 at 06:18 AM.
snake1212 is offline   Reply With Quote