View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #706 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOHN View Post
Took front clip off and strut bar. Getting ready for install of GTM oil cooler, Gen3 intakes, GTM TP, and Greddy CBE this weekend. Also went ahead presprayed the the nuts and bolt with PB blaster about three times over this past weekend to help with the removal of stock cats.
I got an hour in on some this today. All the daylight I had considering I don't get home till 6. Took off the OEM intakes. Piece of cake.. Then I removed the two bolts off the cats that everyone hates. I was prepared for war. Well, it ended up being a cakewalk. I don't know if the PB spray is that bada$$ or what. But with the extensions and breaker bar it made it easy. The passenger side was tougher but not bad. The driver side was really easy.

Alot of people talk about using a swivel but I didn't have to. I had removed the OEM intakes completly (being that I'm installing Gen3) which opened alot of room to use two long straight extensions and breaker bar. Straight shot to work on. Even on the driver side where the steering rod is almost in the way. But just right where it works without a swival. Hope this helps with people who might question this install. Not bad. Any questions I'll be glad to answer. Not using the swivel is the key to this being simple.

I will have a write up this weekend when I'm done with all. Plus pics. Stay tuned.

Last edited by SPOHN; 03-01-2011 at 07:08 PM.