View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 04:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
BLM
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Silver M6 sport
BLM will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOHN View Post

Congrats. Nice mod list to start with. Headers are really not worth it IMHO. And they would make the car louder for sure. But I love that. For I had them on my 350. I'm not sure you can see 330whp.
Yea I know 330 is a stretch even with an uprev tune. It's certainly not a target for me. I just wanted to let the car breathe a little better and improve the sound. Driving it around town I can literally feel how choked it is with the stock exhaust on it. That being said though I must say that being at track events showed me that above and beyond the best investment anyone can make in a car (for those who are competition driving enthusiasts) is to take driving lessons. The vast majority of folks out there with fast cars can't handle them on a track. At one of the pocono track events I went to my driving instructor took me for a lap in his miata with basic mods and we were beating modded z06's by a mile. Even in a Gt-R with all of it's futuristic electronics and awd, it requires a very skilled driver to get the most out of that car.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Oh and after searching the boards yesterday I definitely will not be going with an aftermarket header. Too expensive (both in price of the part and the install) for the power gains. FI is still the best mod in terms of hp/$ but the overall price is much higher and it's just not what I'm looking for. Those FI Long tubes do look sexy tho!
BLM is offline   Reply With Quote