View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 11:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzman View Post
Actually you can lock the car with the key inside but it isn't an issue because you can also unlock it because the ability to lock/unlock is based on proximity. With the key inside, it's plenty close enough to work. LOL. BTW, I know this is true because one time my key slipped out of my pocket and slid between seat and console. I realized I didn't have the key on me after I locked the car and started to walk away. I knew I had just driven the car so the key had to be either on the ground near the car or inside it. Touched the access button and, voila, the door unlocked.
If that's the case, then I guess if someone wanted to car jack...they'd just need to push the button to unlock it from the outside?

So much for that extra piece of mind (if that's the case)
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote