View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #31 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecioVato View Post
@optiontrader
Would you say the gearbox on the 370z is the same or similar to the G35 bc I know the first couple of months of owning the G; I had issues with G. Granted; I got used to it then the power train warr took care of a new transmission bc synchros were done; so now it drives nice (still notchy though).

Does the 370z wind having the same issues as the G35/350z as far as the trans and the synchros and such?
The transmissions are essentially the same, they kept the same gear ratios but upgraded to triple cone syncro's on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (some of the later production 350Z's and G35's also had this). They went to the hydraulic slave cylinder around 2007 (part of the clutch assembly not the transmission per sé).