View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 09:02 AM   #35 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simota1 View Post
the stealership qouted me 600 to change plugs..... idk what the hell they are smoking but yah.... they kept telling me that there is a heat sheild on the header that makes changing on spark plug hard.... its kinda funny they mention that because i dont even have heat shields anymore because they dont mount on the stillen headers....

honestly bro i wouldnt worry about anything im honestly thinking its something else.... ill have my friend read the z tomoro with his scanner.... because this is what i think everyone on this forum has the same setup as me..... headers cats and catback and intake wether it would be takeda k and n stillen what ever... like spearfish mentioned adding all these performance parts makes the car lean... not rich and if my car were running rich then it would be another problem probably in the electronic side.... im thinking its something much simpler maybe dirty sensors on the mafs ill clean them and then put them back on the car.....

my friend at the shop also told me it could have been since my car sits alot it could have just had an error or something and went limp mode.... i now accept that i really do think that i went into limp mode that morning.... ill keep everyone posted....
Yea, I don't see where the heat sheild (if you had one) has anything to do with changing spark plugs on are car. There not in that vacinity anyways. I've changed mine several times on my 350.

It sounds like limp mode. But I personal haven't heard of are cars going into limp mode while driving under normal conditions. But doesn't mean it couldn't happen. Probably could if it reads something off. I had limp mode on my G37 one time but I was backing out of a parking spot and it wouldn't rev past 2500.

Last edited by SPOHN; 02-28-2011 at 09:08 AM.
SPOHN is offline   Reply With Quote