View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 08:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
BLM
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Silver M6 sport
BLM will become famous soon enough
Default New guy saying hi and looking for some feedback

Well after a long stint of trying to save money and my driving record by driving a disgusting boat (300C), I have returned to the world of auto enthusiasm with my new 370Z! I was absolutely blown away by how amazing this car is. My past rides included a heavily modified WRX that ran 375 whp on pump gas, and a Supercharged VW R32 which made about 330-340 bhp. I do know one thing is for certain, I will be keeping my Z all motor. It's so incredible stock that in terms of power output, I just wanted to enhance what it can do across the powerband without making huge modifications. I know the 3.7 would have no trouble spooling twin turbo's running low boost, but it's just a matter of personal preference for me. Even on road courses there's not enough long straightaways to really get into a 500+ hp car.

From what I've seen looking at other members' mod lists, with a G3 CAI, HFC, and CBE with Uprev tune I would be looking at around 330 rwhp which is plenty for my purposes (weekend road courses, occasional AutoX). I've been down the road of heavy modding with my previous cars and although they were a ton of fun, they were a lot to always worry about in terms of daily driving (moreso with the WRX) and reliability. I don't want to have to be replacing fuel systems, clutches, and worry about transmission/bottom end reliability. At this point I really want to avoid a CEL issue but it seems that it's a crap shoot depending on the installation. I would add an aftermarket header to my mod list but I think the car would be a bit too loud for my liking. Does anyone have any tips to avoid pitfalls in the above mentioned mod list? I know theres some dremel work needed on the G3 CAI and CEL issues with the HFC's, but anything else? Last time I checked it appears that Stillen has fixed the fitment issues with their CBE.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and glad to be back!
BLM is offline   Reply With Quote