View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 08:05 AM   #34 (permalink)
simota1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: solid red 370z 6mt
simota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDRead View Post
Simota - you're making me nervous.

First of all, I'm really sorry to hear this happened to you

Secondly, although I have heat shields, I was going to run a similar setup.
I have Typhoons (with heat shields), but am getting ready to order a set of the ceramic coated stillen headers.
Do I need to worry about anything like this?

And lastly, it's been a while since I've even tried to change a set of plugs, but how much does it cost to replace plugs at the stealership?
the stealership qouted me 600 to change plugs..... idk what the hell they are smoking but yah.... they kept telling me that there is a heat sheild on the header that makes changing on spark plug hard.... its kinda funny they mention that because i dont even have heat shields anymore because they dont mount on the stillen headers....

honestly bro i wouldnt worry about anything im honestly thinking its something else.... ill have my friend read the z tomoro with his scanner.... because this is what i think everyone on this forum has the same setup as me..... headers cats and catback and intake wether it would be takeda k and n stillen what ever... like spearfish mentioned adding all these performance parts makes the car lean... not rich and if my car were running rich then it would be another problem probably in the electronic side.... im thinking its something much simpler maybe dirty sensors on the mafs ill clean them and then put them back on the car.....

my friend at the shop also told me it could have been since my car sits alot it could have just had an error or something and went limp mode.... i now accept that i really do think that i went into limp mode that morning.... ill keep everyone posted....

***TOP SECRET/POWERHOUSE AMUSE/ARC/DAYTONA RACING/VARIS/MINES/GANADOR/J-LINE/WORK EMOTION CR KAI/GT SPEC/CARBON SIGNAL/ZOOM ENGINEERING/ CARBON FIBER ELEMENT/STILLEN/***
simota1 is offline   Reply With Quote