Thread: took vdc off
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #54 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18whisky View Post
It was at 600am the temperature was 29 deegres going to work, the deal is I was making a right turn at 30mph hit black ice and the car went sideways, to corrected I had to push the throttle and do a powerslide. With VDC on I bet the car woulded caught greep and problably lost control. I was not specting that to happend. I think everybody needs to learn what your car is capable off so when this moments comes you know what to do.
It's this anecdotal, self-fulfilling BS that makes people think turning VDC off is a good idea. In reality, VDC would have modulated the brakes at all four corners to reduce your speed and kept your car from spinning. You probably would have been fine. Cook a turn so you plow and slide and see how fast VDC straightens your a$$ out.