View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #28 (permalink)
butdamnbrian
Enthusiast Member

Drives: the ladies wild
butdamnbrian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
OP: Just shift it into gear and drive. However it feels is the way it is. All cars are different and you just need to focus on yours. Enjoy.
I respectfully disagree. As enthusiasts, we're all here because we aim for perfection. If "however it feels is the way it is" were the rule, we'd all be driving stock machines. It's entirely appropriate to try other cars' shift feels to learn more about your preference. It's the only way to gain comparative insight. Now that you have a better idea of what you want, you can work to make it happen.

In fact, I think most of us on the forum aren't happy unless we've got a project in mind. The real question to me is whether we're identifying problems because we love to fix them, or whether we're just complaining to complain.

OP, if you want a smoother shift, you can try a number of things that will make a difference to your shift feel. Try a new manual transmission fluid (redline, royal purple). Try a weighted shift knob (TWM, Blox, Tommy Kaira). Try a different short shifter (TWM is the one that's caught my eye).

Happy modding!

Last edited by butdamnbrian; 02-27-2011 at 10:17 PM.
butdamnbrian is offline   Reply With Quote