Thread: Cheap Y pipe
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #159 (permalink)
Svre46
Base Member

Drives: 15' GTR
Svre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono_30 View Post
Check the cross member where the Y pipe connects to the rear section of the exhaust. After my top speed settled I was having a vibration from the exhaust laying on that cross member. I took it to exhaust shop and they bent it down a little bit, and I havn't had it since.
I had a bit of vibration from the TopSpeed midpipe....made my exhaust seem much louder in the car and was annoying. I just made a minor adjustment with the hangers and solved that issue. This happened right after I did the Y with the exhaust. I installed them at the same time so who knows what exactly did it. The one hanger on the midpipe is one thing I thought needed to be tightened up a bit to begin with. I wish winter would be over so I can drive it some more. It is a great sounding combo.