View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
JvKintheUSA
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Shelby GT500
JvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, update at 500 miles. Tires seem to behave a little better than the first few hundred miles. VDC however, still kicks in when there are some slight bumps while cornering (not extreme cornering!). I think it might have to do with the fact that the front and back circumferences are not exactly the same and as a result, the front tires spin slightly faster than the rears, causing the VDC to kick in. I can feel the front inner/outer brakes being applied when cornering, and it scares the living daylight out of me. So I wanted to try to take these same twisties with the VDC off. I said one last goodbye to my wife and kids and took off. I can tell you that I made it back alive. When taking these twisties at the same speeds, the car's back-end never broke out. I guess I will have to re-learn driving the car with these new tires. I'm thinking though that I might invest in similar front tires, since I do not like driving with the VDC off.