View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 02:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
karotZ
Track Member

Drives: on empty tank of gas
karotZ is just really nicekarotZ is just really nicekarotZ is just really nicekarotZ is just really nicekarotZ is just really nice
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpathfinder View Post
There must be some pics of the Shine Auto kit in both versions somewhere. Honestly I didn't realized there were different weave patterns in CF.

I just googled their website and found some pics of their products on a 370z and other cars. There are some descriptions too.
Shine Auto Project

Looks like the red Venaci 370z has their kit. Look up VIP Status on this forum and Youtube. They have tons of pics and video of their car for you to compare.
Yes sir. 2 kinds of weave for CF. And as per Nitrouz post, the plain weave does look sick on his 40th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
Twill will gve it more dept and is usually considered more aesthetically pleasing...
So I would go for twill
Thanks Xan! I'm actually going to put to consideration how many like plain vs twill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metz View Post
The kit he posted was ordered from Rick at VIP, which is the aerojacket kit. I think it's actually coming from shine but who knows. I've had the kit on order from him since Nov and haven't gotten it yet. After seeing Nitrous post that his was plain I'm trying to get Rick to make sure it's twill. I have other twill CF on my car, including the wheels so I want it to match.
Hmm... The thing is, I'm afraid that if I order Twill, it might look ricey bcoz Nitrouz' setup already looks sick. I have no plans of painting the kit that's why I want CF that will perfectly blend with the 40th color code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrouz View Post
I like plain CF on the big parts like bodykits. I like twill on the small interior accents. Twill gives it more accent. But plain is more JDM. Most of the JDM companies real cf (Top Secret, sunline, etc) uses plain 1x1 weave. Most of the fake cf uses twill.
You're setup is sick man. So its plain huh? I may have to go to that route then... Unless someone has a twill weave on their 40th, that would be interesting how the outcome will be / is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by younter View Post
I have installed the rear add on ..looks like plain..I will take some snap shots
Sir, big favor from a stranger!
Can you get a snap shot of that rear add-on both on close, mid-close and far? I would greatly appreciate it sir!