View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 01:28 AM   #21 (permalink)
RedlineHR
Base Member

Drives: Red 07 Z, SS 06 Z
RedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
Guys, Im going to tell you that this is a neverending thread, there is no answer to this question. Just lock this thread.
All I can say is that when we bought my wife's 06 350z 6mt, we drove it like we stole it right out of the gate. I wanted to see how it stacked up to my M3 during the test-drive.

When we bought my 06 350z 6mt, I broke it in 100% TO THE LETTER!!!!

Hers still runs perfectly and burns zero oil. I never clean out her tailpipes and they are always always clean

Mine burned a quart of oil every 800 miles. I cleaned out my tailpipes every week and the were black inside by the next week. I traded in my piece of crap 06 for an 07 with the HR engine. I totally disregarded break-in on the 07 and it burns no oil. It also runs very strong.

I am sold on break-in = BS

YMMV...
RedlineHR is offline   Reply With Quote