View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
Reference this TSB.

SB 2009 370Z / 350Z; Accessory Locking Wheel Nuts: NTB09024
SERVICE INFORMATION The accessory Locking Wheel Nuts for 370Z are different then those for 350Z. When installing Locking Wheel Nuts, make sure to use the correct Part Number. See this bulletin for further detail.

and read this thread if you already haven't.
Broken wheel stud and lug nut.
I read both of them, but I have been doing so much between the powdercoating business and working the mods in at the same time, that I kind of forgot. The service manager at the dealership gave me some attitude when I went in today, especially when I referenced the TSB, which I had printed, so I went to the GM who I had talked to for quite a while when buying it and at later delivery. He had wanted to see the car after mods, so I told him they were done, but thats not why I was there. I explained the wrong locking lugs, and that when I took them off the car, they were only finger tight. He wasn't real happy.

Service said it would be 2-4 hours because they were really busy and that I would have to make an appointment for an alignment later. The GM gave me a new Altima off the lot to drive and said to come back as late as I want, before closing. Within an hour I had a message from the service guy that the lug was replaced, and when I came in he was very polite and also informed me that they don't have the specs for the alignment for a stock 370 yet.

Regardless, it is fixed.