View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #450 (permalink)
BrianMSmith
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, Ducati 748S
BrianMSmith will become famous soon enoughBrianMSmith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabarivas View Post
ehh i would much rather have gas be around 4.50 a gallon - it would make for MUCH less cars on the road and a much happier commute for me.
I'm with you! If you care about the cost of gas this side of $20 a gallon, you should not be driving a $30k+ car; buy a cheaper car. One straw that broke the Camel's back and caused the abrupt economic crisis in this country is too many people bought too expensive houses and cars, and when the cost of gas went up quick in 07 to - oh my God - $4 a gallon, they were caught driving monster trucks as daily drivers, and their mortgage interest reset on ARMs by 1%, they went insolvent on their debts.

Like I said on the other post, buy a 15 year old Honda Civic for $1000 and get 30+mpg. Ten years ago, I had a girlfriend that bought such a car, and it was more reliable than most new cars and cost less to run than a good bicycle. And WHEN (NOT IF) the cost of gas hits $6 gallon, you do not go bankrupt.
BrianMSmith is offline   Reply With Quote