View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 07:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
VABAM
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with VDC off.
VABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oil Cooler Install Observation and Question

I recently had a Stillen 25 Row Oil Cooler installed and had something interesting happen.

Since I installed the larger oil cooler and installed on it the left side of the car it covered up the ambient (outside) temp sensor and thought nothing of it during the install. It was neat watching the "outside" temp change (93-118) as the thermostatic plate open and close until I opened my windows to listen to my Z and tried to turn on the heating. It would not come on. (BTW I have a touring edition with NAV and the actual ambient temp was in the mid 50s.) The heating would not come on until I turn the temp up to 90 and the A/C would come on full blast if put on the auto mode with the temp set to 90. Well just say I relocated the sensor and the problem was solved.

So, if you have the factory NAV/Climate control system and install an oil cooler be aware of the outside temp sensor location.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I apologize in advance if some one has posted something about this already.