View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 02:00 AM   #326 (permalink)
Koji_Online
Base Member

Drives: 2004 Acura RSXType-S
Koji_Online is a jewel in the roughKoji_Online is a jewel in the roughKoji_Online is a jewel in the roughKoji_Online is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
Has anyone bought this new Fanatec wheel? I'm really tempted to:
>>>Fanatec.com

It works on the PS3, PC, and Xbox 360. I figure with Forza 4 coming out at the end of the year, I'll definitely get use out of it between GT5, Forza, and Dirt 2/3. I have the Logitech Driving Force GT now, which is good enough, except the fact that it doesn't work on the 360, and honestly, I enjoy Forza more than GT5.
Edit: I see your main focus will be Forza, in that case yes I definitely recommend the Fanatec wheel with the ClubSports. My post below relates to GT5 only

I have the logitech DFGT as well as the Fanatec Porsche GT3RS v2 wheel w/ the ClubSport Fanatec pedals; Honestly the feel, force feedback, & especially the pedals (with the load cell brake) feel much more realistic in the GT3RS/ ClubSport package than with the logitech; you can feel when the tires give & the limit of your brakes at all times; the main problem is the wheel was not designed alongside GT5 development, so the in-game reactions are just not as good as the logitech DFGT;

I've used both wheels for many hours & in all rounds of the GT Academy & I definitely say the DFGT has gotten me faster times even with having crappy pedals & a cheap steering wheel feel;

If you want more realism and the ability to adjust degrees of rotation to mimic IRL F1 and DTM (360 & 540 respectively) then the Porsche wheel with the ClubSports will give you the most enjoyable experience;

If you want faster lap times I suggest sticking with the logitech DFGT or the G27 if you want; just because those wheels were developed alongside GT & offer the best in game steering response.

I am actually going to sell my GT3RS wheel w/ ClubSport pedals because I bought the Fanatec setup hoping it would make me faster in GT Academy; as I said it has not; after selling this setup I will get the logitech G27 because it improves on everything the DFGT already has

TQPI.net!
PSN ID: Koji_Online

Last edited by Koji_Online; 02-25-2011 at 02:04 AM.
Koji_Online is offline   Reply With Quote