View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 12:27 AM   #476 (permalink)
370zHawaii
Enthusiast Member

Drives: A Starship
370zHawaii is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ak for the write up, I have changed my own oil on all my previous cars, and this is a great write up to make it easy for us 370z owners. I live in Hawaii most days my average temp is 190 that's with 20 to 30 minutes of regular driving on factory oil in 75 to 85 degree weather, the island is small so really not more than an hour of driving here, I have went to 220 in traffic a few times, I am currently at 3100 miles and going to do my first oil change on the Z this sat, or Sunday for sure. I rarely drive hard but occasionally do like to get a good feel of the Z. I have everything on the list 6 quarts Redline 5w30 $69 with Military discount at Redline Napa Store, only one Napa on island that is an authorized Redline distributor which I thought was a pretty good deal considering Hawaii is really expensive to begin with, Titek Magnetic Drain Plug Ebay $15 shipped, FilterMag $30 shipped from LC motorsports, Pure One Filters x3 ($5.89 a filter) for $17.99 at kmart, I would have purchased more but they only had 3 in stock, KN Filters here are $12.99 plus tax, so I think I did good, and kmart and sears are the only two places on island that carry Puralator Filters. I didn't buy the redline oil online because shipping alone was going to be $35 to Hawaii, would have paid 96 dollars for 6 quarts and had to wait a few extra days! I have everything drip pan oil filter etc etc,....but I forgot Jack stands or ramps SMH, will pick up this weekend, oh and my Z is lowered like really lowered, I was thinking about maybe I could get Rhino ramps and use my low profile jack to raise the car and place the ramps under the wheels so I don't have to worry about scraping scratching front under bumper and anything else under there. what do you think? maybe a little more time consuming, but def worth a try. Anyway thanks again for taking the time to share your oil change write up

P.S Redline, Purolator, Filtermag, and KN should be sponsoring you cause I am sure you made them quite a few dollars after this thread. before I read this thread I was using Royal Purple which worked great and dropped my temps on previous vehicles between 15 to 20 degrees, now I am going to try RedLine for the first time, RP just lost a faithful customer for the past 6 years because of this post hahaha

Last edited by 370zHawaii; 02-25-2011 at 12:37 AM. Reason: AK370z is awesome
370zHawaii is offline   Reply With Quote