View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 09:28 PM   #72 (permalink)
Unclemeaty
Base Member

Drives: 150cc Scooter
Unclemeaty is on a distinguished road

Did you guys see the new updates for RomEditor? Theres some new timing maps concerning timing and engine knock. Just update the UpRev software from your computer and you'll see. The new maps are Timing_Low_Det_Knock_Window and are pretty simple boolean style graphs. Im not 100% sure what they do other than the obvious - enable/disable the areas which are monitored for knock.

The stock map is not monitoring engine knock on the last three rows. This is interesting because if you've gone and changed your scale (default peak is 7200 rpm) then your knock window may need slight attention. Also, if you are concerned with your engine possibly knocking at those RPMs then you can probably turn on knock protection. ESPECIALLY for Forced induction modifiers; on the Timing_High_Det_Knock_Window map!

Also, in terms of engine performance vs oil temperature, theres a setting in DTC: PO196 - Engine Oil temperature Sensor Range/Performance. Im thinking I would like to try turning that one off - JUST TEMPORARILLY - to see if my engine stops retarding timing after several pulls. I realize the danger in not reducing engine power with higher oil temps, but I just wanted to test this out since I lose timing at ~220 degree oil temp. Thoughts?

Last edited by Unclemeaty; 02-24-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Unclemeaty is offline   Reply With Quote