View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 09:56 AM   #45 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
Guys, EVERYONE has this noise. There were many threads about it a few months ago and it seemingly died off as people either 1) got used to it or 2) changed their exhaust which probably drowned it out with the louder exhaust note. The noise was described as a high pitch, electronic sounding whine that is difficult to localize but appears to be coming from the engine bay.

I too frequently hear the noise but fortunately it doesn't bother me as much and has just become a part of the car for me. However, I'd love to hear what's causing it and have it changed if possible.

From the original threads about this, G37 owners claim to hear it as well.

I may have started this thread, if not, another like it. If you raise the hood you will find it appears to come from under the engine cover. When inside the car, the sound emanates from the dash (between you and the engine, duh, lol), makes it hard to totally locate it. As Spearfish states, it goes back to the G37. If you are quiet after you turn off your engine, it will continue for about 3 seconds then die off. I can't hear it when the car is running, so I ignore it now.

John
antennahead is offline   Reply With Quote