View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #165 (permalink)
steveg78
Track Member

Drives: 09 370Z PG M6 +Sport
steveg78 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
Luckily, mine wasn't the ankle at all. A trimalleolar is a break involving 3 of the supporting ankle bone (2 tibial heads, and the fibular head). That's a nasty, nasty break that takes forever to head right. Mine is actually a comminuted fracture of the tibia and fibular about 3" above the ankle. The orthopod ran a titanium rod from the knee end of the tibia, through the marrow, and anchored it into the ankle end of the tibia with screws and nails. Therefore, it's like I have a semi-titanium bone now, so I can actually support a little weight on it. I move like an old grand-pa, though. Anyone got a pair of tennis balls for my walker?
Ahhh that explains why you're already standing on it. Well I know that no two people are the same but if it's any consolation to ya I broke my ankle on Jan 27 2006 and I was walking and driving again by April. I still was working on getting the last few % of mobility back and swelling with some nasty edema but that didn't matter. Every day is improvement from here on out. And you will look at simple things in a different light. I know just being able to carry a plate from the kitchen counter to the table without crutches was great...And walking, driving are the most liberating and motivating things you could ever imagine. You aren't going to miss out on much and you will be good as new come spring/summer!
steveg78 is offline   Reply With Quote