View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
wh1te370z
Track Member

Drives: PW Base Sport 6 Spd
wh1te370z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ-NISMO View Post
I agree to a certain extent....

Not everyone has the budget for a set of authentic Volks/Rays. Sometimes people do the best they can with what they have.

I personally appreciate when someone takes a car and does mod work that looks clean and flows well, regardless of whether or not they use the best parts. If all you can afford is a Scion tC and some cheap parts, so be it. At least that person will take pride in what they are able to do. Too many people bankroll cars because of the status it confers on them. A true enthusiast is able to appreciate another's passion regardless of whether or not they have the best gear. I see idiots all the time in $100,000 sports cars who can't drive, who don't know anything about the car, and who only bought it to look cool. The fun comes in the passion for cars in general not in the fact that you can afford something.

A great example it my cuz. Hes totally LOADED. has a lambo LP-560, C-63 AMG, a raptor, a dually, an Escalade.. Ask him ANYTHING about any of his cars and he couldnt tell you.

Then you have the people who actually love their cars and could answer anything about them. Like my 95 firebird formula. I could answer almost anything about 93-97 firebirds and camaros bc i loved my car. (and had it apart every weekend bc it broke lol) Still learing the 370 world but i still love my car. I may not be able to put $5k rims and a 3k susp on it. but you always make due with what you have and never let people tell u what to do. take everything people say with a grain of salt. thats the end of my rant lol

To each his own.