View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
Sandra Dee
Base Member

Drives: 370ZRdstr BLK Cherry
Sandra Dee is on a distinguished road

hey buddy-sorry-I was busy...
I have prob 30 or more MF towels at this point. I separate them into color codes. For example-I use the same towels on the wheels and they are washed separately-they are blue. I have a big stack of yellow ones that I use for the body of the car. I do not mix towels and products. I have separate towels for glass(called glass towels in the detail shops) and they are very light blue. I have green towels for the lower third of the car.
I have white waffle weave towels for when I use Waterless wash-about three of those.
I have 2 tire sponge applicators for tire dressing.
6 wax applicators-two just for Americana from Adams. The other four are thinner-for waxes other than paste wax.
If you hand polish-you will need applicators for that.
I dont mix products on applicators-but you can clean them in between if you wish.

I use a PC 7424 for polishing and correcting the paint-so I have a stack of different pads for it, some 4" and some larger.
You cannot go wrong starting off with a couple towels in each color for diff. things. I rec keeping the wheel towels sep from the rest-and I do lower third of car towels as well.
Sandra Dee is offline   Reply With Quote