View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #39 (permalink)
johnnydrama
Track Member

Drives: Nismo & FPace SVR
johnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to johnnydrama

I've been a forum member for almost a year now and one of the things that has always turned me off about this forum is how many Nismo haters there are. I've never said anything but I've never understood it. A 370z is a 370z period, no matter what trim level you choose. I would never buy a base package automatic but I don't go bashing the people that do because either thats what they wanted or thats all that their budget would allow. And the base package is a hell of a deal for a hell of a car.

Second the people that say the Nismo is a disappointment. That Z fans expected more like a ZR1 is to a regular vette. Well Nissan has that car it's called a GT-R. The Nismo runs about 6-8k more OTD than a base or sport packaged Z. The body kit and wheels alone are worth that upgrade in my opinion. Park a base Z next to Nismo. Again IMO the Niz looks like a much sexier, exotic, and expensive car than 6-8k more. As a matter of fact when I first got my car, every single person guessed $50k and many atleast $60k or more.

Third the people that say the Nismo is only good if you don't want to mod a lot and if you do you're better off going with a base model. Why? What kind of reasoning is that? I've modded my Nismo plenty and would bet that a base model car with the same amount of money put into on the same mods is at an even greater disadvantage to my Nismo now bc of all that the Nismo offers in the beginning. Now of course there are exceptions to all of this. If your mod budget is unlimited and you want and can afford the do everything to the car (brakes, intake, exhaust, suspension, wheels, tires, body kit, etc.) I'd go with a base too! But let's be honest, what percentage of the guys on this forum really have the means to do so? My guess is <5%.

Fourth I've driven both a sport package Z and the Nismo obviously. I'm sorry but the people who say the Nismo doesn't feel different isn't as in tune with the feel of driving a sports car. The cars feel completely different when pushed to the limit and driven they way they are both meant to be. And I'm not saying the Nismo is better it's all about your driving style. But to me the Nismo is much more exciting and by this I mean I like to throw the *** out and drive with the throttle and the Nismo is an easier car to do this in and push to the limit, much more control.

My main point of all this is this forum is called the370.com. Why would any of us hate on any trim level? I think the Nismo is the best but thats my opinion and my driving style and thats gonna differ with other people on this forum. Stop Nismo hatin please. If you don't like it as much as your trim level fine thats great. But don't hate. Most people that hate and voice it are just jealous. NISMO FTW