View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #27 (permalink)
HKYStormFront
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 Frontier SE 6spd
HKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to HKYStormFront

since i don't own a 370z at all, but have driven most varieties of them now (as well as a whole boatload of other great sports cars), i'd like to throw an "outsider's opinion" in on this. the 370z nismo is a great car for people who like the "out of the box" performance. it's perfect for people who prefer to have a "factory tuned" car with stiffer than normal suspension and different exterior and interior pieces, backed by factory warranty and OEM fitment and reliability. i will say this though, it doesn't feel, to me, any different from a 370z w/ the sport package. when my friend first got his Z33 nismo and i actually got to drive it hard, not only was a grinning from ear to ear, but i couldn't stop thinking "Wow! This is awesome!". the car felt completely different from a regular 350z. it was 10x more responsive and the steering was razor sharp. it's not as fast as a 370 but the feeling of it being "something special" was there. to me, that's the only place the 370z nismo lacks. where the 370z nismo just feels like another trim level, the 350z nismo felt like a whole new animal. both are good cars but maybe that's why some people "hate" on the nismo 370z, maybe it wasn't quite "enough" of a difference to justify. don't take my comments wrong, i still like the nismo 370 a lot and i'd love to have one. i'm just trying to, possibly, identify where the "haters" with legitimate comments (not pointless ramblings of people who've never driven the car) are coming from