View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #307 (permalink)
southercadesi
Base Member

Drives: 06 350Z Base MT PW
southercadesi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC View Post
the GT academy thing so far was a debacle.. i spent alot of time on round 1

they ended up having to cancel round 2 after changing the tracks twice due to cheating..

on round 1 i got 260th which is the last spot on the leaderboard ....i just felt good about that and wished they would have taken the top 260 since thats how many rankings they showed i know the reason i didnt get 128th.. the cape ring track.... on the other 2 tracks i was only 1-2 secs off but on cape ring i was a good 5-6 secs and thats what killed my over all time...but there was a place in cape ring before that big jump where you could swing wide and go off the track to keep momentum... i didnt do it but i think thats were the top handful of guys were picking up alot of that time.. i drove my absolute *** off and got 2:50 as my best time

also on the Rome track in the G37 before the straightaway you could bounce off one of those walls to keep momentum.... again i suspect that was some of the difference in time again

the new software patch is supposed to fix this to make round 3 fair......
Wow I never thought you could cheat in GT5 haha. That's still impressive that you got 260 though.
southercadesi is offline   Reply With Quote