View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac
Default Stillen exhaust and shifting issue....

I've had my Stillen CBE/HFC/G3 intake for less than a week and I've been having some weird issues with my M6 and shifting. This really didn't happen before the bolt ons so I'm going to assume that they are causing the issue. What's happening is when I am coming up to an underpass or tunnel or even a narrow street or road with tall buildings regardless of what gear I'm in the car seems to shift to a lower gear. The strange thing is its a manual and I'm pretty sure its not me doing it. Well I might be helping it a little. OK well its more of an insatiable urge to down shift and romp on the throttle to hear the exhaust note. Is this normal? Should I take it to the shop and have it checked out? Did I mention I love this exhaust? That's it I'm going out to map every underpass and tunnel in town. Time for some more data collection ;P