View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #26 (permalink)
kielbasa16
Track Member

Drives: 09 Blk Z Spt
kielbasa16 will become famous soon enoughkielbasa16 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
I'm not being elitist, I'm saying that why make yoru car look like a Nismo with a replica Nismo wing? It's akin to putting Type R wings on an LS. It's one step away from putting the Type R badge on your car, and that's the part that concerns me. I don't think the Nismo is better, I only bought it because I hate the base car's fangs, and the touring edition non modular radio so you can't change it out. I just hate cars pretending to be something their not, they should just be their own thing instead of putting on replica ****.
I think youre making too big of a leap to say that installing a replica wing is one step away from putting on Nismo badges. I cant speak for everybody but Im just looking to personalize my car with a wing that I like. I happen to like the Nismo wing more than any other aftermarket product out there right now. In no way does a wing scream out to people "hey look Im driving a Nismo" especially considering this replica is slightly different than the actual Nismo spoiler. People within the Z community could immediately tell its not a Nismo, and people from outside the community wouldnt know the difference between the Nismo spoiler and the Amuse even. Stickers on the other hand Id have to agree with you, I think its tasteless (but I wouldnt go posting negative comments in other threads).
The other argument of course is with the concept of replicas in general. Little to no R&D to produce something that closely mirrors a product that somebody else spent the time and money to perfect. Supporting those companies is something I would also like to avoid, but in the case of Nissans Nismo parts, they are specially overpriced so I dont feel bad buying 1 replica part.