View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 06:47 AM   #1186 (permalink)
destinyZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: FROM INDIANA
destinyZ has a spectacular aura aboutdestinyZ has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chii370 View Post
its a shame sam, buddy of mine named joe (owns a white base) ordered the GTM stage 2 TT kit and got all the parts here in guam about 3 days ago. they were all jacked up, i saw the intercooler which looked like someone took a hammer to part of it before they packaged it up. i understand that all of this is custom made and handcrafted, but there was no care taken to NOT accidently angle grind the **** out of visible areas on the intake and exhaust piping while apparently trying to grind down the welds. the only thing that didnt have some form of damage or another to it were the 2 turbines......... i WAS planning on getting the exact same kit for my nismo, but depending on how this pans out with him sending his back will decide whether i will just get a HKS, or a greddy. for $8000+ i would expect everything to be PERFECT, not a beat up pile of junk, to be honest it looks like it was previously installed on another car (which is expected for testing) BUT it looks like the only tool you had to install and take it back off with was a ******* hacksaw.
lmao...well, cats out of the bag now. I was going to just tell sam that i was sending it back, or atleast the messed up pieces. I talk to some forum members and I seen a thread on here about a GTM stage 2 TT kit install by Z1 and it looks absolutly nothing like mine. In the thread the pipes were all packed with bubble wrap and the intercooler was also wrapped, mine came bare in a box I told sam about the piping being dented in at the connecting points and then I went back and was very thorough about my inspection and was when I noticed how bad everything really was. next day I had a couple ppl look at it in person (including chii) and all had the same response as chii. I'm not going to say anymore, i'd rather not create an arguement, but I wil return it or just what is messed up.

Last edited by destinyZ; 02-20-2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: REMOVED DESCRIPTION