View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #111 (permalink)
Zaggeron
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 370ZR '13 BRZ
Zaggeron is a jewel in the roughZaggeron is a jewel in the roughZaggeron is a jewel in the rough

That's great news B52EWO -- especially about how the dealership took care of you. I've been worried myself about two of the issues discussed on this thread

1. unnatural wear on driver's side fabric in the center of the side panel
2. some fraying of the top near the middle of the driver's door caused by the edge rubbing when the top was extended or retracted.

I determined that the issue I was worried about with respect to (1) was not the same as another poster's problem. He had an issue with the frame rubbing a hole in the fabric from the inside. I determined that there is no wear on the inside in that location on my top and the issue I was seeing was simply that that area where it folds is susceptible to extra dirt because of the wrinkles.

The 2nd issue has seemed to correct itself. I watch carefully as the top goes down and I no longer notice it rubbing in that area. They is still a barely noticeable slight fray to the fabric, but unless it gets worse, I'm not going to worry about it.

Good luck and I hope you have no more issues.