View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #35 (permalink)
Niche79
Track Member

Drives: '09 SR Tour/Sprt/Nav
Niche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Niche79 Send a message via AIM to Niche79 Send a message via Yahoo to Niche79

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
Some women kill.
Yes...my gf said that if I ever did anything, she could kill me with untrackable stuff she could inject me with.....scary, ill keep you informed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280z/300zx View Post
I understand your position OP. My girl and I were in the same graduating class. She now does Urgent Care/ Family Practice while I do Cardiology. Everyone in this field, down to the drug reps, have large diamond rings. While your girlfriend (future wife) may not care so much about the ring, she and you will be judged based off it. It's easy to say not to care about what others think but it's hard to actually have to face it on a daily basis.

Personally I went with a 1/2 carat center stone with .33 carat total weight channel set side stones for her promise ring. For the engagement ring I plan on just upgrading the center stone to a 1-1.5 carat. It's large enough to say you aren't cheap but not too outlandish. Also at 1-1.5 it won't rip too many latex gloves. You also have to make sure you don't anything that sits up too high or she will hate it being a doctor; unless she goes into a specialty where she doesn't use her hands too often.

Oh, and I also recommend an accompanying silver or gold plain band. Something to swap out with when doing activities where you don't want to damage or lose the diamond ring. When we go hiking, snorkeling, etc my girl always swaps out her ring. You can get a nice silver band for 25-50 bucks or a nice plain gold band for about 100-150. Cheap insurance for when you know there is risk depending on the activity
Thanks for your reponse, as a doc you deff understand the position im in. She is family practice like your wife. I also am glad you said the size I am looking at wont ruin the gloves she has on. Yah what you said about those drug reps, I fully understand, been to a few of their dinners that the residents were invited to and they are always way to overdressed and throwing money around like its nothing. I would never go under 1ct because I understand its nothing but a gossip bus rolling along throughout all of the hospital so I dont wana look cheap, thats part of the reason I wanted to look seriously at the 1.5ct.

From what Ive read, I think I have locked myself in on a min 1 ct for sure and a 1.5ct if the overtime at UPS provides me the extra cash to put toward one. I have till around June to buy it so I will just volunteer all of the extra hours I can toward buying a 1.5ct.

Thanks all so much for your tips and tricks on the matter, When I finally pick up the ring in June, I will post pics of it. Then, maybe I can buy my 370z that Ive been held back from way too long! haha
Niche79 is offline   Reply With Quote