View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
john370z
Base Member

Drives: 2007 335i coupe
john370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
John, I forgot to tell you earlier -- adding the Stillen headers will smooth out the sound considerably. That's one thing I immediately noticed after I installed the headers; the coarseness of the sound was gone. Now, for me personally, I was kinda disappointed because I loved the coarse/aggressive sound. But for you, it may be just the thing. The reason the Stillen headers do this is because they are equal length pipes. The stock manifold is not -- close, but not quite. The unequal length pipes is what gives off that coarse, aggressive sound. I have an interior sound video clip of my full setup (G3, headers, HFC, CBE). Have you seen it yet?
I believe you did tell me that. That is great advice. I am looking to kill that drone under med-hard acceleration found between the 3K-5K RPM range. Do you think removing the Berk HFC will accomplish this? And leave the Stillen CBE? Or the other way around?