View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 11:38 AM   #14 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo View Post
Syncro-rev is only for manual, not autos. Hence why I said for Autos it should have been less. So yes I forgot limited slip, I still don't se $3,000 for an auto.
Actually, the syncro works on the automatic as well...when you are using the auto-stick.

Not sure if it does with the paddle shifters with it still in "D"...

But I can absolutely verify that it blips the throttle when downshifting. It screws with my braking if I'm on the brakes and downshift - the blip is quick and takes a bit of braking away, then the engine braking kicks in as well as the brakes...and you slow down at a much faster rate than you'd expect.

The result makes one look a bit amatuer

But, if you need to accellerate, and mash the throttle, the automatic is a bit slow to figure out what you're up to, and the car kind of winds itself up and leaps (think of a cat about to pounce...) - if you bump the shifter down a gear (or two or three ) just before you lay down the hammer, it launches for a seriously huge grin...

I've managed to break the rear end loose doing this, bumping it from 4th to 3rd where the RPM's end up at about 4-5K, and gassin' it...sure enough, little warning light told me so - lol!

Last edited by kannibul; 06-19-2009 at 11:43 AM.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote