View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 09:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

-A better suspension (less jarring, same or better grip. Non-linear springs maybe?). Mainly, my gripe is how easily it spins the back tires with so little torque. It shouldn't do that. The below V8 and resulting gearing change would also help in that department.

-A V8 (BMW's V8 only weighs about 40# more than the current VQ37). This would allow taller gearing without compromising low-end grunt, and the lower displacement, short-stroke V8 would allow a redline beyond 7500 with ease, as seen in the M3. This would improve exhaust note as well. Taking it from "Harsh at high rpms" to "pure sex at redline".

-An oil cooler

-A better front fascia, the car looks tall and skinny viewed from the front. Like it would tip over. I think the fascia design creates this illusion.

-Paint that isn't crap. I have YET to see a new 370Z on the dealer lot without serious scratches, some of which are through the clear, and these cars litter the lots around here with over half a dozen or more at each dealer. All of them that I have seen are jacked up. So fragile.

There you have it. My perfect Z. A 370 with 295's out back, a better suspension, taller gears, and the M3's V8 under the hood, all wrapped in some REAL paint instead of that fingernail polish Nissan currently uses, along with a sinister grin instead of that dumb-blonde "O-face" it's currently making.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 02-17-2011 at 09:55 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote