View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Zit
Base Member

Drives: 04 G35 OB
Zit is on a distinguished road
Smile 370z mid-cycle refresh wishlist

Hello all, a long time lurker here. I have been a 370z fan since it first came out in 2009. Sadly, being a poor college student, i was far from realizing the dream. But as i get closer and closer to graduation, my hopes are at all time high of finding a decent job and upgrading my ride. (If you're curious enough, i come from a nissan family. I've owned a 04 G35 coupe. But after it was totaled in 2010 i have been driving around a 03 accord coupe 6MT.)

Now, back to the topic. Based on past nissan trends with 350z and g35 coupe, the 370z is up for a mid-cycle refresh. Here is my short wish list for the updated Z.

(I'm going to start from the front of the car down to the back.)

1.Updated front fascia. Although the fangs are slowly growing into me, I would like to see something more lovable. Heck, i wouldnt mind if they threw in a nismo front in there.

2. reworked engine. There has been rumor about nissan going the direct fuel injection (DFI) route. It seems to be the latest trend everywhere and more power, better fuel economy, whats not to love. I am not a engine guru and do not know if it would play well with the current VVEL system.

3. update fuel gauge. No offense to current owners, but to me it is an eye sore to the otherwise beautiful interior. A multi info lcd display or a plain old needle style gauge would be nicer.

4. sportier looking, lighter bucket seats. The current seats look bland, specially the big headrest.

5. last but not the least, better exhaust note. common now nissan, work some magic here. I dont know if the same DFI would contribute here, but in my books a stock 350z sounded a lot better.

Now, its your turn. what would you like to see in the updated 370z, chime in your expert opionions and nissan lust.

PS: I know you can go aftermarket route and address a lot of things above. But it would be nice to have these from factory, hopefully without a big increase in price. Also, forgive me if there is too many similar threads out there; couldn't help but put it out.

Happy driving.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 504x_2009_Nissan_370Z_p2.jpg (121.1 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by Zit; 02-17-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Zit is offline   Reply With Quote