View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

I have very little knowledge of Bahrain and its customs so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

Democracy has its flaws, but so does a monarchy. Saying "if you don't like it, leave" is a bit on the ignorant side. They have a just as much "right" to call that country home as you do, be it a democracy or monarchy. Loyalty to your king is admirable, but so is fighting for your freedoms or beliefs. A society without a voice leads to tyranny and oppression. Violence is not the answer, especially when a protestors are involved. It doesn't matter if it's one man or 1 million. It doesn't matter if they have pistols, knives or a broadsword. It doesn't matter if they were influenced by "outsider". It doesn't matter if its 0.1% 2%, 5% etc. Everyone on this planet has every right to speak freely without consequences even if you hate them. Having a belief is not a crime. So long as any government has the ability to persecute or punish someone based on their belief, no one is truly free. I understand that there are inherent differences between Bahrain & the US, but we also have a lot in common. I'd like to think that what makes us human is universal.

Bahrain is an important ally to the US and vital strategically to the war in Afghanistan. If the monarchy falls, Iranian influence and control is inevitable. Lets hope that is not the case and this all ends peacefully.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote