View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrosfan View Post
since i dont have the cash right now to spend on one of the online packages. I was considering using what i have to get the dealers wax off and remove a few swirls.

What i have
Step 1: Mothers california gold pre-wax cleaner
Step 2: Mothers California gold Sealers and glaze
Step 3: Meguiars NXT tech wax

I also have a bottle of Meguiars quick detailer. Im just not sure how to incorporate it into the steps? if necessary.

Later down the road i will probably get either Adams Kit or Zainos. The oes that run about $120

Thoughts??
I see. So you wan't to know if what you have is ok to you correct? For the most part, the NXT will do fine in protecting your paint. Most waxes are good for only 3-6 months anyways. If you can help it, don't polish too hard with the stuff you have or you might end up doing more harm than good. I'm assuming your doing this by hand anyways. The paint on the Z is relatively soft, so be carefull. Just clean it as much as you can before applying wax and you should be fine. The NXT is one of the better products out there.

I think its safe to use the quick detailer after each step to help remove the excess product. (I'm not 100% with Meg's products though, so someone else verify)

At the very least, invest in a high quality wash mit and a quality microfiber cloth. The one's from walmart in packs of 5 or 10 are crap. You'll definately end up putting swirls & scratches if you go with the cheap stuff. You don't need to spend a whole lot, and there are alternatives if you know where to look. The in-store brands can get just as expensive when you add it all up.

For future reference, Adam's offers a 10% discount for forum members. (type in "370z")

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote