View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lemers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 Traverse LTZ
Lemers has a reputation beyond reputeLemers has a reputation beyond reputeLemers has a reputation beyond reputeLemers has a reputation beyond reputeLemers has a reputation beyond reputeLemers has a reputation beyond reputeLemers has a reputation beyond reputeLemers has a reputation beyond reputeLemers has a reputation beyond reputeLemers has a reputation beyond reputeLemers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucasa View Post
Bahrian is a country of have and have nots. Either you are loyal to the monarchy and puppet to his govt and get the rewards, or you are a non-Bahrian laborer doing the country's hardwork without equal rights, no chance at citizenship, and constant ridicule by its citizens.

Count me in for the protesters.. I am for equal rights, freedom of speech and trying to better a society through voting and electing people who can make a difference. That's a democratic society.

Been there, and other Arab monarchies, and to tell you the truth, it looks great from the outside, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Justgonna play devil's advocate with this. First, nobody forced non Bahrians to go there. They came there looking for better conditions and pay than the country they left. Nobody is forcing them to stay either. Second Bahrian is a monarchy not a democracy so those freedoms are granted or denied by the king technically it's his country and people live there because he allows it. Kinda like living in "my house, My rules". Our freedoms are granted by a document signed by people who are long dead. And our freedoms are expanded and restricted by any judge with a case in front of him "judicial review". They are not perfect and neither are we, but it's their way of life and not ours to demand or control.

2010 Black Cherry Touring/Sport/Nav Now - 2012 Travese LTZ until I leave for Turkey
Lemers is offline   Reply With Quote