View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 09:00 AM   #189 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoriumHotdog View Post
Really? I don't think in terms of labor costs since we do most of the work in my garage. I'd imagine the s2k gets charged up by the shops.

On a high HP build, a lot of things add up, including broken parts. Additionally, a lot of the motor work that needs to be done isn't exactly something you want to do in your garage, at least if you want to do it right.

Most people aren't going to be sleeving their block in their basement clean room, hence the need to pay someone.

Beyond that, the dyno time spent getting things right usually winds up costing tens of thousands, since it's really tough to get a driveable high-hp machine.

You're spending at least $9,000 on a transmission that can handle the power, and 3-5k on a differential. Add in some look pretty JDM parts, and you're well over 100k already...
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote