View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 08:33 AM   #90 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
I have been tracking my Z34 since new (May 2009) and hav not had fuel starvation. The circuit that is hardest on the car is Philip Island where T1 is a lift-dab and turn-in at 210kph followed by 5 seconds WOT to the brakingpoint for T2 - and even with the tank at <50% full have never had the engine stumble. T3 is flat in 5th to the left - same deal.

T7 (Lukey Heights) is a firm brake, downshift to 4th and hold near peak revs in a rising left-hander that crests and fall away from you .. again, no fuel-related stumble (but I have spun as the suspension goes lght and unloads which is "interesting").

The corner coming onto the straight is WOT in 5th turning to the left and again, I have never had a fuel-realted stumble.

My Z34 is RHD (as we drive on the correct side of the road in Oz - a bit unusual but we like it) but I am sure that this is not material.

It is true that I usually drive at track days on the top half of the tank, but I have certainly run the tank down to 30% full with fuel starvation.
Is the filler nozzle still on the RH side in the Oz spec cars?

Phillip Island is mostly left handers so with the fuel pickup on the right those aren't a problem. T1 might not give you problems as the radius isn't super tight hence the duration isn't that long. You need to be fully loaded turning right at close to 1G for a few seconds to experience the problem. The higher the G load the quicker it happens. With slicks on I can only get down about 2 dots before I'll start having issues on some tracks.