View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 07:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
ProfessorDave
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In the fairway
ProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinps View Post
I agree with you. I would ask folks to think about this for a minute though...
Just what is it about an exhaust that makes it worth $1,500 or so that so many here pay? I mean think about it, we are talking steel pipe here folks!
I did a little lookup and 304 stainless runs under $10 a linear foot for 2.5" OD.
darrinps, did you add an X of H pipe in that setup? Without this, the exhaust can't be pulled from the manifold/valves efficiently. Not that you can't get better sound and some more power. I'm all for creative solutions if you can't find the right exhaust for the right price. I did a muffler delete on my Mazda3 and it sounds great for $40.

I have purchased used name-brand exhausts on ebay before with good success. But would be hesitant to purchase an unknown used product.

Rain, snow, sleet, hail: 2009 Mazda 3 sGT HB
Everything else: 2009 370z, PW Touring 6MT
ProfessorDave is offline   Reply With Quote