View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #22 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nguyen128 View Post
I agree and disagree to that. I'm sure a lot of kids who want to come test drive a STi/Evo but it probably turns away many buyers at the same time like in my case. Even if a kid wrecks the car they will get their money for it in some way. I could understand if it was a GTR or something $90K+ but not for a turbo grocery getter.
I mean, I drove my WRX before I bought it. If you're mature and seem responsible, you can usually talk them into it. Most dealers also keep a lightly used vehicle around to test drive, as well.

There is also the risk of physical harm to the sales person, not to mention the damage that comes with wailing on a brand new car.

Subaru currently has a 6- 12 week wait on their cars with the current policy, so I don't think they are concerned with anyone being turned away...

Interestingly, Nissan is very generous with test driving their GTR's. They forced me to test drive one before I bought my Z.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote