View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdkwang View Post
So it's starting to feel more natural driving stick now, as it's been a week in the Z and it's my first manual. A friend wanted to take a 70mph roll so I popped it in 4th and gunned it. Keep in mind I have my winter tires on and VDC on cause I'm too puhsey to drive without it right now. I immediately had ~2 car lengths on him but then he was able to stay with me in 5th before I let off. Needless to say we were both surprised I didn't tear him a new one being that hes in a RSX Type-S with some bolt ons. I'm guessing hes pushing around 200-215 at the crank.
For one, this goes to show I don't know the powerband on the Z, and VDC kills speed.
Those RSX-S's with K-Pro, gasket, etc. are pretty impressive. Guy I know who had one was trapping over 100mph in his off the spray.

As to what gear to be in, I used to just put my car in 4th (LS1, not a V6) and just floor it. Even from 60. Usually, the 911 or mustang or whatever I was racing would ease out on me by a car or so and I would reel it in and walk on by. It didn't seem to matter a whole lot unless the race was going to be over by 100mph or something. Of course, I don't know how you guys play your video games. That's how I played mine.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 02-16-2011 at 05:32 PM.